Tuesday 17 February 2015

I am going on a journey.

Hello lovely readers,

I have recently decided to change (or try my best to change) my lifestyle. I have been doing lots of research and speaking to my Auntie - who is a yoga and nutritional goddess - to gain more knowledge on what i'm eating and what is and isn't good for my body. My body is a temple and all right? I am also going to be trying way harder at the gym, I have always enjoyed the gym but recently feel like i'm in a gym 'rut'. I will be trying new and more difficult exercises and really pushing myself.

This isn't going to be a long post but I wanted to mark my decision and motivation so that maybe one day I can look back and thank myself or look back and regain motivation to carry on. Here are some of the aspects of my life I want to change:

- reduce my processed sugar intake, untill doing more research I never realised how bad for your body processed sugar is and when you find out, you can't help but
want to make changes!

- reduce my wheat intake, generally aiming at bread and pasta as these are very processed foods.

- eat more fruit and veg, the standard one, we all know we should but I am going to make a conscious effort to do this from now on.

- massively reduce/cut out the fatty foods I eat (except for good fats, i'm talking to you avocado)

- work harder at the gym.

Maybe writing these down will create some kind of self promise, some affirmation of what I want to do.

Let me know if you are trying a similar journey or have completed it! Any tips would be much appreciated!

Becky xox

No comments:

Post a Comment